Page Background

Friday, March 6, 2015

What's in a Name?

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."
~William Shakespeare

And so, though the little one has been called "Baby Girl Morgan" up to this point, she finally has a name!



Ella
Over-popularized?  Probably.  But this name and I go back....all the way to 2007-2008.  It was my first year of teaching and I was fondly known as Miss Eller.  Well, until Rhianna's song Umbrella came out.  Then, my name shifted to "Miss Ella, Ella, Ella, {hey, hey, hey}" for some of my co-workers.  When we found out that we were having a girl, I really liked Ella, but swayed away from it because it had become extremely popular over the last few years.  In the end, we decided to go with our gut, because it was so similar to my maiden name!  The name Ella means (according to Urban Dictionary- yes I know.....very reliable!): "A very beautiful, nice and caring young lady. Loved by lots of people but hated for her looks. She is a great friend to all and forgives easily. She is very considerate and has a lot of empathy and never lies. "

Paityn
When we found out that we were having a girl, Jacob mentioned the name Paityn.  He even specified the way he liked it spelled.  The more I thought about it, the more I liked it! But, the thing I like the best is that her Daddy chose the name for her.  The name Paityn means (again, Urban Dictionary): "village warrior, and can also mean warrior of faith. Paityns generally protect ones they love and are angelic and beautiful. If you find a Paityn hold on to them because they are special and extremely rare to find."  

It seems like it took us forever to choose a name, but it was a very daunting task for us (well, probably more like me)!  I tend to be a little slow and indecisive when it comes to decisions that I know are permanent.  And, I knew that this name was representing a lot...something that we both had to like forever.  We're still not sure exactly what we're going to call her: Ella, Paityn, or Ella Paityn. We're thinking that we'll decide on that after she is born. But hey, we're one step closer than we were!



No comments:

Post a Comment