Page Background

Monday, October 6, 2014

Baby Bump: Week 10



How far along? 10 weeks, 3 days

What's baby up to? Baby has now completed the most critical portion of development.  The tissues and organs in baby's body are rapidly growing and maturing.  There are little nails forming on the fingers/toes and peach-fuzz hair growing on its skin.  Baby is swallowing fluid and kicking and most vital organs are in place and starting to function!

Total weight gain: -1 pounds according to my last appointment

Maternity clothes? Not yet, but my Mom, Dad, and Rebecca have me hooked up when that time comes!

Symptoms: Headaches- MAJOR headaches, some nausea but nothing like I expected, exhaustion- running on fumes.

Sleep: Depends on the night.  Some nights I sleep better than other while others I wake up around 2:30 and can't get back to sleep.  It doesn't help that I usually get up a 3 or more times a night to pee.

Food cravings: Funnel cake....fortunately that craving was finally satiated at the Bluegrass Festival

Food aversions: Coffee, baked chicken (I got a hold of some with a piece of fat and came within a hair's distance from puking)

Miss anything? Advil...no really.  I miss being able to relieve my headaches relatively quickly.  Fortunately, the doctor did give me a prescription for Fioricet (a pregnancy safe migraine medicine). Margaritas- we would end up at a Mexican restaurant on margarita special night, haha!

Best moment of the week: I finally broke down and made our first baby related purchase.... a diaper bag!  It came in the mail and it is everything I thought it would be and more.

Looking forward to: Going to the State Fair and eating DEEP FRIED SNICKERS!!!  I may pick up a funnel cake too.  And some NC State ice cream.  And some maple syrup cotton candy.  Just sayin'...





No comments:

Post a Comment