Page Background

Friday, February 6, 2015

Baby Bump: Week 27



How far along? 27 weeks-- let me just say that I'm not exactly sure where time has gone

What's baby up to? Baby Morgan weighs about 2 pounds and is about 14 1/2 inches long.  She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and maybe even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, her brain is very active now.

Total weight gain: 10 pounds according to my scale....hoping to hold it at 10 lbs. by my appointment on Monday.

Maternity clothes? Pants, yes.  Shirts, not necessarily. 

Symptoms: Some back pain

Sleep: Not too shabby if I don't drink caffeine! 

Food cravings: Not really!

Food aversions: Spoiled milk??  So it is totally my fault....but I had my very first puking episode while pregnant this week.  I smelled the milk in the fridge and thought, "Hmm.  This could go either way."  So, what did I do?  Tipped it up and taste tested it.  I regularly am not a fan of milk, so why I thought this was a good idea I'll never know.  Next thing you know, I was running to the bathroom (fortunately that isn't too far away in a single wide trailer!).  After throwing up 3 times, I was still a little queasy.  Let me just say again and again how thankful I am that I haven't battled morning sickness (like the actual puking kind) my entire pregnancy.

Movement?  Yes!  She is moving all around, flipping, kicking, or something like that!  It is crazy to feel and even crazier to watch.


Miss anything? Laying on my back

Best moment of the week: Getting our house rearranged.  My parents are coming to help get our storage shed switched over (we have outgrown our current one) this weekend.  We're in the process of trying to sell our spare bedroom furniture because we have no room!!  But it felt really good to start the process this week.

Looking forward to: Our ultrasound on Monday.  This is the first ultrasound that I have actually been excited about (sad to say).  Our first ultrasound (around 8 weeks) was terrifying.  I was scared and in complete denial.  Our second ultrasound (around 16 weeks) was checking to see if there were markers for Down Syndrome.  Again, I was terrified and almost paralyzed with fear.  Our third ultrasound (around 18 weeks) was a Level 2 ultrasound again checking for markers for genetic disorders.  I was not as scared at this one, but I definitely can't say I was excited either.  So I am happy to say that our fourth ultrasound (at 28 weeks) is coming up and I am very excited.  This ultrasound is still to check for progress of genetic markers, but I am feeling very at peace.  We will definitely have at least 1 more ultrasound, possibly 2 according to my midwife.

Not looking forward to: My Rhogam shot on Monday.



No comments:

Post a Comment