Page Background

Monday, December 15, 2014

Baby Bump: Week 20

Halfway there!



How far along? 20 weeks

What's baby up to? Baby is swallowing more and has begun producing meconium. Supposedly the baby is about 10 inches long, head to heel, but I'm thinking she may be a little longer than that since she was already over 9 inches at our appointment in Greenville (which was in the 85th percentile). 

Total weight gain: 5 pounds- whoops!  Gained a little bit since I last caught you up.  I help on tight to 2 lbs. all the way up until 17 weeks then over doubled my weight gain in 2 weeks. :-)

Maternity clothes? Pants, yes.  Shirts, not necessarily. 

Symptoms: Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS)- I've always struggled with this a little bit, but if I sit in one place for too long it is even worse these days.  Other than that, no real pregnancy symptoms.  I got a head cold about a week ago which then turned into a sinus infection and let's just say it is NO FUN being sick--especially when you are pregnant.  Fortunately, my GYN agreed to see me in their office after I begged them to not have to sit at Urgent Care with all of the flu/strep infested people.  Bonus=getting to hear the baby's heartbeat while there!

Sleep: About 8 hours at night (if I don't wake up from about 1-3:30 which is pretty typical).

Food cravings: Not really!

Food aversions: None

Movement?  Yes!!  I finally feel movement.  I think it took me a little longer than average, but I can finally definitely say I feel movement.  There were things that I thought were movement around 18-19 weeks but I could never pinpoint it.  And so since I wasn't 100% positive, I just discounted it.  But I am definitely feeling wiggles and occasional pokes.  I would describe it as a fish flopping when she is wiggling.  And while I wouldn't say she is kicking yet, I am definitely feeling some pokes.  Now, we wait for Jacob to be able to feel things.  We've tried a few times, but every time he touches my stomach she immediately stops moving. 


Miss anything? While I've never really been a "back sleeper", I do typically lay on my back and read before going to bed.  Gone are those days :-(

Best moment of the week: CHRISTMAS BREAK!  For.Two.Solid.Weeks. Thank you, Lord!

Looking forward to: Seeing all of our family for Christmas, Christmas Eve service with Jacob's parents and STEAMED OYSTERS (I love that tradition), Christmas evening with my family after all of the hustle and bustle the day has to offer, relaxing on my break, and a manicure on Tuesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment