Page Background

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

All Signs Pointed to "Yes"

So there were an unbelievable number of signs that may have eluded to the fact that I was pregnant. I don't know if I chose to ignore them because I had convinced myself that I wasn't or what.  But, here is a rundown of the craziness that probably does not include everything.
  • Well you can always rest assured that if I try to be proactive, it will turn around on me.  Jacob and I decided to sign up for Disability Insurance under the premises that we could wait 4 years to have a baby and STILL come out equal to what we had paid in.  Then, if we decided not to have a child, we would still have come out cheaper than if we did have a child- haha!  You see how that worked out, right?  I literally BARELY made the cut-off for the whole pre-existing condition thing. And thank the Lord- literally, I'm so thankful- that this amazing company doesn't have a 9 month exclusion policy.
  • On a similar note- After my latest stint in the hospital we realized that a medical bridge policy would most likely be beneficial because you never know what's going to happen.  And it would have almost covered all of my hospital bills for only $10/mo.  Again, I literally just BARELY (like by 4 days) made it in for the pre-existing condition clause. 
  • The first thing that I noticed... sore boobs (Yeah.  You didn't want to hear that.  But, it's true.)
  • My friend Rebecca texted me one morning and told me that she had a dream that I was pregnant and that I was wearing a black shirt.  I sent her a text back, laughingly of course, of me wearing a black shirt.  
  • After going out to eat Mexican with some of my friends from Comfort, I began feeling yucky. I got pretty nauseous on the car ride back to school and by the time I got in I was feeling dizzy.  So, I ended up in the floor of the office with my feet propped up.  
  • Headaches galore.  I had terrible migraines in high school and the start of college but they gradually went away.  My headaches have been under control for the last 4-5 years. Then, all of a sudden, they weren't.  I began having awful, debilitating headaches.
  • Hot/cold spells. 
  • Having to constantly go to the bathroom.  Looking back on it, I'm not sure how I didn't find it unusual that I had to get up and go to the bathroom not one, but TWO times during Ava Kate's (my niece) baby dedication.
  • And finally, the most obvious- a missed period.  
Other than those things, I have not had any crazy symptoms.  Fortunately (knock on wood) I haven't really had any nausea or vomiting besides that one random time.  I have had quite a few dizzy spells, but I really am feeling great.  I think that is God's way of telling me that everything is going to be okay.  My first appointment to confirm everything is September 4.  




No comments:

Post a Comment