Page Background

Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer Reads



I LOVE BOOKS!  This hasn't always been the case.  But now, there is hardly a time when I'm not working my way through a book.  Typically, during the summer I usually have more time to read.  So far, this summer has not followed that trend.  So, starting today, I'm vowing to change that!  I don't really have a "favorite" genre anymore.  It used to be romance-- but books like The Hunger Games, Twilight, and others have broadened my horizons.

Today (after reading on it for at least a month and a half) I finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, by Steig Larsson.  I must say, if you're going to read this book...do yourself a favor and skip the first 40% of the book.  For all you people who still read paper copies- I'm not really sure how that equates to pages, haha!  But, the last 60% of the book was totally worth the slow beginning.


Here is my reading list for the remaining month of my summer vacation!

      
  

So there you have it.  I'm an overachiever.  The last book, Bloom, actually wasn't even on my radar screen until a friend posted it on her Facebook wall today.  I went to Kelle Hampton's blog and found this trailer:


If you know me, you know that this totally pulls at my heartstrings!  Not even 30 seconds in I was crying and knew that this was on the top of my "to read" list.  Well, we'll see if all of those books get read before August 20th.  

Are there any must-reads that you have come across lately?



1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh. Can you say TEARS??? I have absolutely no time to read, but I really want to read Bloom now. I think I will just have to read it. Thanks for the suggestion. It's just what I need.

    ReplyDelete