Page Background

Monday, June 25, 2012

Taking Care



I've always said, "Take care of your family, and take care of those who take care of your family".  Jacob's uncle has been in the hospital for a few weeks now and so we took a trip to see him last Thursday and then again on Sunday.  Of course, as any good southern woman does-- I took food!  Cookies, to be exact.  I figured they're easy to eat, no utensils required, and yummy.

Both recipes I used are from one of my favorite cooking blogs, The Girl Who Ate Everything.  Each time we went I took some cookies for the family, but I also took some cookies for the "ones who take care of my family" (the doctors and nurses).

I made S'mores Cookies that were fabulous (especially right out of the oven)!


The original idea for the sign was from here, but none of the designs really fit the bill so I tweaked it a little!  It says, "Thank you for your hard work and dedication to the medical profession.  We appreciate you. We need S'more people like you!"  The nurses loved the cookies and were so excited!

The second time we went I made Ooey Gooey Chocolate Cookies and they were fabulous as well.  I mean, it's a Paula Deen recipe....how could you go wrong?  I found the recipe for this cookie here.  I put these cookies in ziplock bags and attached these signs:



Here is a more clear picture of the signs.  You can also click on the picture to be taken to the site where you can download the template!
Thank You Free Printable Tags - Teacher Gift - Living Locurto


So you can take away two lessons:
1. Make these cookies.  You won't regret it.
2. Show others you care!  You won't regret it, either.




3 comments:

  1. Those s'more cookies look so good! I know if you cooked them they are awesome! That's a good idea. I should do this for some of Claire's nurses and doctors.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have to send me the recipe!

    ReplyDelete