Page Background

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

So long....

OSCAR?? Oh wait....I'm not at the beach anymore. On Sunday afternoon I got back from a terrific weekend at the Outer Banks (not Emerald Isle) with Amanda, Laura, Charlotte, my mom, Mrs. Lydia, and Aunt Kitty. We had a BLAST! I am so thankful for wonderful family like Aunt Kitty and Charlotte who put everything together and arranged TONS of surprises. One of our major surprises was an awesome lunch (fresh salad w/ raspberry vinegrette, shrimp, bread, wine)! It was absolutely delicious.



Charlotte [Webb] also surprised us with wonderful spa bags. Everything in them was terrific, but we especially had fun with our turbans :)



The sand was at the beach was blowing around a lot so Mrs. Lydia, Aunt Kitty, Charlotte and Laura went to the pool for the day on Saturday while Amanda and I braved the sand. It was beautiful weather and we had a blast. Then, Saturday night we all went to dinner at the Sunset Grill. It was SO good! As usual, there is never a dull moment wherever we go. We found these sweet hats at the little store and had to try them on for a photo op.



Sunday morning was Mother's Day so Laura and I began the day by giving Mrs. Lydia (the wonderful mother of our men) a pretty stargazer lily and card! Then, we were headed home to see our own Mothers. Amanda and I rode home together and before we got to Raleigh, we HAD to stop at Jockey's Ridge! It is so big....I mean so big that I wasn't even willing to climb to the top (haha)! Well, now it's back to realty- so long pretty beach.


Speaking of so long- I have to go back to teaching tomorrow. I had a wonderful track-out and am ready to see my sweet kiddies! I can't believe that this is my last night of break as a year-round teacher. Shew- that's scary. Pray that I get a job in Craven County.


Well- thanks to Laura that was my first scatterbrained post :-)


Many more to come....















2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!!!! I love it! (and I like you! hahahahaha) I'm so glad you decided to join the blogging world! Have a good day back at school tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the pics! The beach is ALWAYS a fun and relaxing place to go!

    ReplyDelete